CBD is quickly becoming a simple and popular way to alleviate pain, even among those who have never experimented with cannabis before. Learning how to make CBD tea is the perfect beginner-friendly introduction, or addition, to a holistic wellness plan.
CBD provides various health effects, from anxiety and pain relief to better skin and heart health. However, because CBD is separate from THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis), CBD users can enjoy the health benefits of CBD without experiencing psychoactive effects (or “high”) associated with cannabis. CBD users can safely use CBD without worrying about being high disrupting their daily lives.
What is CBD tea?
CBD tea is a drink that uses various concentrations of CBD to induce relaxation or support other purported CBD health benefits. Like other teas, CBD tea comes in a wide variety of flavours. Consumers can choose the amount that best suits their needs.
Additionally, some types of teas or tea components may have additional health benefits. Green tea, for instance, is an antioxidant, and small studies have shown it can aid in certain cancers, high cholesterol, and cardiovascular disease.
Studies of young adults using CBD found that that benefits range from stress relief, relaxation, and achieving better sleep. For people who find relief from CBD, there are other great benefits, including:
- lower medical costs
- reduced reliance on drugs that cause unpleasant or harmful side effects
- improved quality of life
How to Make CBD Tea
The benefits of CBD mimic many of the same reasons why people drink tea. CBD has mood-enhancing properties, but it also promotes healthy sleep, cardiovascular and gut health.
You will need
- 1 teaspoon of CBD oil (or 1 gram of decarboxylated flowers)
- 1 tea bag (any flavour)
- ½ cup of boiling hot water
- Flavour additives or other ingredients to soothe your ailments
- If you are using buds then slice open a teabag and fill it with the grind, so that it can steep in the water as it boiled to release the CBD.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Pour the boiling hot water over the teabag and then add in the cannabis oil, if that’s what you’re using.
- If you used bud grind, then gently stir the tea bag for a couple of minutes after it’s been poured before adding any flavourings like milk, honey, lemon, ginger, etc.
- Remove the teabag from the mug, and gently press, to release the delightful aromas and smells of your favourite tea.
- That’s it! Your CBD tea is now ready to serve and is best enjoyed while hot.
Other Important Ingredients for your Ailments
There are many different ingredients you could add to your tea that will enhance the health benefits of CBD. Some effective ingredients you may even be able to find around the house, specific to your ailments, can be added to your CBD tea.
Add fresh ginger or mint to your tea to help with your tummy issues.
Clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, rosemary, and lemon are a powerful concoction of ingredients to help with a cold kicking your butt.
Tart cherries have anti-inflammatory components and provide relief from arthritis.
Lavender is known to aid with anxiety. You can easily add lavender buds to your tea.
Studies show rosemary reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression and improves sleep.
Passion fruit has been known to be helpful in treating anxiety, insomnia, and nervous disorders. You can use dried herbs or liquid extract.
What’s your favourite way to use CBD, or CBD tea? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to follow CLN for all the latest cannabis news, editorials, expert reviews and more!